Therapy Centre, 12 Kinsale Road, Bristol BS14 9HB
07779 234 144
Holistic Therapies in South Bristol
Aromatherapy massage – Holistic Massage – Clinical Aromatherapy – Indian Head Massage – Reflexology – Reiki – Online Baby Massage Courses
An experienced, professional holistic therapist. Offering therapies since 2006
I offer a range of holistic therapies in South Bristol and also provide baby massage courses. At my clinic I provide appointments for everyone and offer: clinical aromatherapy, aromatherapy massage, reflexology, holistic massage, Indian head massage, hot stone massage, and Reiki. I feel therapies should be accessible for everyone and I’m qualified to provide therapies to all ages, including children. Through my work with vulnerable adults and babies, I hold a DBS certificate.
Along with working with private clients at my BS14 clinic, I run baby massage groups for Childrens’ centres in North Somerset. I also visit a care home each week and provide a mix of therapies to disabled people.
I am a full member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT), Association of Reflexologists (AoR), and International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (IFPA). I can provide a receipt which you can use for insurance companies who recognise these therapies and membership bodies.
Looking for a gift voucher? You can buy and download one now
I’m passionate about making sure my clinic is welcoming for everyone, and I aim to offer a safe, supportive environment for any person who chooses to book a therapy.
Please be aware if you have a disability, accessibility issues or any specific needs to consider, I need to know at the time of booking. I’ll review the information and identify any potential adaptations which may be needed. During your consultation, I’ll then have a chat with you about what you would prefer. Very rarely, I may need to contact you beforehand to work with you about the best way to adapt your appointment. This is so we know I can welcome you without you being stressed or anxious when arriving.
Looking to book a therapy?
I offer holistic therapies in South Bristol at my clinic in BS14 9HB. I am qualified to provide the following therapies to all ages:
- aromatherapy massage
- holistic massage
- hot stone massage
- clinical aromatherapy
- Indian head Massage
- pregnancy therapies for those with non-complicated pregnancies
- adapting therapies for people with health conditions
If you know which therapy you want to book, you can book directly online through the book now button. Children can also be booked online. You may want to read the childrens’ page for more information.
Young people may prefer to consider a half hour or an hour therapy. If they are under 16, an adult must be present at the clinic for the duration of their appointment.
Know you want to book a therapy but can’t decide which one?
It can be daunting if someone has suggested a therapy but you don’t know much about them. To help, you’ll discover more about the therapies I offer in the Therapy Pages. Explore the options and choose one which most appeals to you.
When you look at the Therapy Pages you may find you get a few questions. I’ve written a blog post explaining the therapies and their differences in one place.
Looking for an online course which teaches you to safely massage your baby?
I’ve been teaching baby massage regularly since 2008 in a variety of settings. Over the years I’ve been asked various questions, which I now incorporate into my course. With consistently good feedback from my courses I decided to move my course online.
My online baby massage course mirrors my in house group, but it means you can choose a time which works for you and your baby. If you can’t make it to a group, or you don’t feel ready, then choosing an online course is a great way to safely learn to massage your baby at home.
How does it work?
As soon as you sign up you get access to week one of the course. You’ll receive the first video introducing you and your baby to some massage techniques. The videos are short so you’ll have time to watch them and I cover everything you’ll need to get started, including how to set up your space. We also cover different topics, such as which oils are safe to use, what to do if your baby cries, and the benefits of baby massage.
Similar to attending a baby massage group, each week you’ll get access to new material. This gives you time to practice the course content without being overwhelmed. The course has been designed to build your understanding and confidence in massaging your baby and is made up of bitesize videos which are easy to access and can watched whenever you want. During the five week course you’ll learn the massage but also cover other useful aspects, including: how to adapt your massage, massage for common health issues and more.
By week four you’ll be completing a full routine and in week five you can download the full routine videos, so you can replay them whenever you massage your baby. Parents find their answers are covered during the course, but if you get any problems you can contact me for support.
You can also arrange a home visit for yourself or for you and your friends in Bristol and the surrounding areas. Please contact me to enquire
What you’ll find in my shop
- A range of gift vouchers for amounts and therapies
- How to order a bespoke blend
- E-Books I’ve compiled
- E-Courses you can start straight away
Considering buying a gift voucher?
A gift voucher can be a great choice if you want to give a relaxing experience. I offer gift vouchers for a choice of holistic therapies in South Bristol, and you can choose a specific therapy or an amount.
It’s easy to do, just head to my shop to start your shopping and decide your gift. Make the payment, and you’ll receive an email with a gift voucher to download. As long as they have the order number, they’re all ready to book their appointment.
Why choose Louise as your therapist?
Choosing a therapist is a personal thing and you need to find someone you feel comfortable working with. I have written a free e-book about how to find your perfect therapist, which you can find in my shop. Other points you may want to know about me include:
- I have owned Therapy Centre since 2014. The clinic provides a professional, relaxed and confidential environment
- I’m fully qualified in my disciplines and carry out Continuing Professional Development each year. This means I’m always learning and adding to my toolkit
- Before your first appointment you’ll be asked to complete a consultation form. This is so I know about potential areas of focus, your medication and anything else you think I should know
- There is a consultation at your first appointment. During future appointments we include a short update at the beginning, so your therapy session is tailored to you
- I started my business January 2006 and became full time in 2008. This means I’m an experienced therapist with a working knowledge of numerous conditions
- I try to walk my talk. You can always ask about my last therapy session and what self care I’m doing
- If you become a regular client you’ll enjoy 6th session discounts and referral discounts. If you decide you want to block book and pay for 5, you’ll also get one free
- I have experience of working with complex needs clients. Since 2014 I’ve been providing therapies to disabled residents at a care home
- From 2013 I’ve been regularly teaching baby massage for a local council within their Childrens’ centres
- Between 2016 and 2020 I worked with a charity offering therapies to new mums and mums-to-be who are experiencing mental health issues. This, and other situations, has helped me have an awareness of numerous mental health conditions
Latest Blog Posts
Below you’ll find my latest blog posts, where I post monthly with tips and answers to commonly asked questions. If you’d like to read more, head to my blog page
I've had a few people contact me about booking an appointment online, so I thought it would be useful to write a post with a step by step guide. At Therapy Centre, we're using software called Fresha. Fresha allows us to manage all Therapy Centre appointments and for...
Moving complementary therapies forward has always seemed like an uphill struggle. This debate was brought up again with an article written in the The Daily Mail. You can read all about it here, Doctors should be able to prescribe patients MASSAGES, Reiki and...
It's the beginning of January and I need another new therapist to add to my personal well-being kit. Pre-Covid, I had regular therapies several times a month. Unfortunately, during the pandemic I saw many decide things were too difficult to continue. Last year I was...